Sometimes you don’t have time to make soup. That’s when pasta comes in handy. I am not typically a pasta girl. Something about the heaviness of the dish makes me lazy. However, when I saw this recipe in Women’s Heath Magazine this month, the lightness of the lemon juice was appealing. It turned out to be a easy twist to a lighter dish. Enjoy!
Organic Penne Pasta
2 Bunches Broccolili, chopped
1 Can White Beans, rinsed & drained (I recommend adding another can)
2 Lemons, juiced
Additions: Olive Oil, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt & Pepper
- Cook pasta according to package
- During the last two minutes of pasta cooking, add broccolini.
- Drain pasta & broccolini together & add to large mixing bowl.
- Add white beans, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes & mix.
- Serve with steamed green beans.