I have never been one to invest in too much makeup. Those who can get away with a more natural look and a simple brush of mascara have always been the prettiest to me. And with temperatures reaching close to 100 degrees and heat indexes well over that, it is hard to imagine putting more than the bare necessities on my already strained complexion.
This summer I have stuck with an easy 9 step beauty routine that includes nudes & minimals for a simple sun kissed look.
- Clinique Liquid Facial Soap is light, fresh, and just what I need after a good night’s sleep to wake me up in the shower.
- I found this La Mer Gel Moisturizer by complete accident. Working in the buying office, I wanted to see what the cult following was all about and received a simple 2 week sampler to try expecting to move on after it was deplinished. Though a steep price point, this product has literally changed my complexion completely leaving me with healthy, glowing, & most importantly clear skin.
- With the sticky heat, it is hard to find a primer that works as long as you do. Bare Minerals Prime Time Primer keeps my foundation on all day long.
- Bare Minerals Original Foundation is the perfect, light weight foundation for the summer. It is easy to apply and light to the touch. This foundation legitimately feels like you’re wearing nothing at all.
- Kiehl’s Dark Circle Perfector is the perfect addition to my summer routine. When the sun stays up longer, I typically do too; which is great until the morning after. This perfecto hides & repairs the damage from the night before.
- Just like your closet, blush should stay seasonal. I found this Bobbi Brown Bronzer and cannot get enough. It’s the perfect amount of “kiss” needed on my cheeks tat doesn’t make me look like I’m trying too hard.
- I thought I would never stray from my mascara routine until I was introduced to Chanel Le Volume Mascara. It is elegant, easy to apply, and creates bold, natural lashes.
- Guilty – I wear two types of mascara at once. Especially when I don’t wear eyeliner, the combination of Chanel Le Volume & Lancome Grandiose is the simplistic drama lashes I look for whether I’m headed to work or headed to the pool.
- No look is complete without a good lip color. Bobbi Brown Nude Lip Color is the perfect last minute touch before walking out the door. It makes a statement without trying too hard and goes with every color under the rainbow.
What are your summer beauty essentials?