I am happy to say that I created this easy dinner on my own with some leftover peppers from a previous recipe & ingredients already in my fridge. What does that mean for you? An easy & convenient weeknight dinner!
All you need:
Halved Peppers – Any Color
Can of Stewed Tomatoes
1/2 Yellow Onion
- Preheat oven to 375 and start cooking halved, cored peppers.
- While peppers are cooking, brown the onion in a pan with olive oil on high. Add minced garlic if desired.
- Add ground turkey & cook until done. I also added a generous amount of salt, pepper, oregano and fresh basil.
- When cooked, stir in stewed tomatoes until mixture is covered.
- Remove peppers from the oven and add meat mixture to fill.
- Top with a slice of cheese (I used Munster because it was all we had in the fridge but these would be delicious with mozzarella or provolone too!)
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
I served peppers with steamed brocolini & fresh toasted honey wheat bread.
The stovetop mixture creates far too much for a couple of peppers so I froze the remainder to be used on nights I need a quick dinner. Another bonus? This meal is super easy clean up.